The Student Assistance Team (SAT) is a support group to assist regular education teachers in supplementing instruction for students within their classrooms who are demonstrating a lack of response to the core program and differentiated instruction that is delivered with high fidelity.
Goals of the SAT Team
- Define target area of concerns
- Gather/review baseline data
- State the goal for student improvement
- Develop intervention plan
- Implement plan with fidelity
- Collect data to assess student performance over time
- Review data to make data based decisions
- Continue the problem solving process as needed
If various interventions are not effective, student may be referred to the Multidisciplinary Team for a special education referral. In addition to teachers referring students to the SAT team, parents may also make a SAT referral for their child. For information, parents may contact a SAT Coordinator.